With all the excitement surrounding the Ethereum merger slated for next month, the number of Ethereum Name Service (ENS) addresses created surpassed the 2 million mark, according to a Twitter post by ENS Domains.
See related article: Ethereum will soon be 7 years old – and its next “merger” will be worth it
- Ethereum Name Service (ENS) domains are secure domain names for the decentralized world.
- Nick Johnsonthe main developer of ENS, said in a post of his verified Twitter handle: “It took 5 years to reach 1,000,000 names and then only 3.5 months to reach 2,000,000!”
- The widespread adoption can be seen by the fact that several prominent figures – including Ethereum’s co-founder Vitalik Buterinand Coinbase brian amstrong — added the .eth extension to their names on Twitter accounts.
- According to data from Dune Analytics, approximately 2 million ENS registrations have been completed so far, with 527,452 unique participants and 375,410 primary names registered.
- Ethereum’s long-awaited transition to proof-of-stake (PoS) could happen sooner than expected on September 15 or 16. The transition to Eth2 should make the network faster and more energy efficient.
- Ethereum was trading at $1,821, down 0.4%, as of 8:30 a.m. in Hong Kong, according to data from CoinMarketCap.
See related article: Binance Supports Ethereum PoS Merger, Evaluates New Forked Tokens